Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week Five 1512

I am an avid couponer :)  I love finding great deals and then add a coupon or two to it and make the deal even better.  I have to admit that with the amount of time I am spending on school this summer, my couponing has taken back seat to homework.  But, that doesn't mean that I have lost my touch at finding sweet deals.  Recently our grocery store, HyVee, had the sale of the century on Hormel Cheese Wranglers.  Now, if you have never had a Cheese Wrangler before, I highly recommend purchasing a package and trying one for yourself.  I am not sure what Hormel has done to create such a delicious hot dog, but they have outdone themselves with the Cheese Wrangler.

A package of Hormel Cheese Wranglers normally sell for $4.49 per package.  At the same time, I have never seen a coupon from the Hormel company offering even $0.25 off this delicatessen.  Now, if you enjoy hot dogs in general, you know that this is an outrageous price for an American treat.  But, it is a favorite at out house and so I purchase them for special occasions.  This particular 4-day sale offered Hormel Cheese Wranglers for $2.25/package!  This is a great sale!  It is almost a BOGO, buy one get one free, sale.  When I saw the sale ad, I almost did cartwheels!  I am glad that I didn't do any acrobats, I may have been laid up for weeks :)  My husband and I began to clean out our freezer in anticipation of some new product filling it up.  We decided that we could fit 48 packages of hot dogs in our freezer and be set with Cheese Wranglers for at least a year, probably 2 years.  We would have to eat a package of hot dogs per week to eat them all by next summer and that won't be happening.  I like them, but not that much.  This type of purchase is more of a "stock up" sale rather than a weekly dinner item.

I called ahead to the meat department to make sure we could purchase what turned out to be 4 cases of Cheese Wranglers, there are 12 packages in each case.  That is 48 packages of hot dogs, and each package has 8 hot dogs.  All in all we purchased 384 hot dogs and paid $108.00, instead of $215.52, which is a savings of $107.52, close to 50%!  That is alot of money!  It also turns out that each hot dog ends up costing us $0.28 per hot dog which is a cheap lunch in the summer when kids and friends come over!  I was very pleased with my purchase and these Cheese Wranglers will take us into next summer and beyond.  My advice to anyone wanting to save some money.....never pass up a good deal especially Hormel Cheese Wranglers!

No comments:

Post a Comment